Energy Efficient and Environmentally Friendly Renovations.
At RedKem Constructions, we have reached out to our environmentally aware suppliers and joined the fight in saving our earth by building/renovating sustainable, energy efficient homes. We have partnered with a number of green suppliers and can offer customised green packages to suit your project.
Overall, we want to create a healthier, happier lifestyle, improve the usage of water and energy efficiency of your home which won’t only reduce your bills, but save the earth too.
Our Suppliers Are
Kitchen Gallery is an 100% Australian family owned business that takes pride on environmentally friendly procedures.
Their commitment to the environment is matched by our commitment to our environmental management.
Kitchen Gallery believes that improving the environmental performance of their business starts with their manufacturing process.
All of Kitchen Gallery’s cabinetry carcasses are made using classified E1 OR E0 rated board. This classification is based on the measurement of formaldehyde emission levels. E0 is classified as having less than 3 milligrams of formaldehyde out of every 100 grams of the glue used in particleboard and plywood fabrication. E1 and E2, conversely, are classified as having 9 and 30 grams of formaldehyde per 100 grams of glue respectively.
Recycling and Waste Management:
Their CAD programme ‘Cabinet Vision’ allows their production managers to optimise the board used to maximise yield and reduce wastage. Once programmed, all of their cabinetry is cut on our Anderson CNC Machine. This also reduces waste of our board as there is very little if not no mistakes made.
The off cuts of board we do produce in their factory are used as ‘ribs’ for ‘ladder’ system kick bases.
When manufacturing cabinetry, rags are often used daily. Kitchen Gallery sources all of their rag materials from old recycled t-shirts and cloths.
Saw dust accumulated from cutting the board in their factory is recycled into the automotive industry and used on oil spills and clean ups. Paper and cardboard recycling bins are kept onsite at their factory and are used often due to the vast amount of deliveries we receive.
Energy Efficient Lighting:
Lighting is an important factor in their large factory and showroom. Kitchen Gallery uses LED Lighting to minimise the electricity used in the daily running of the building. They also opt to use Led strip lighting and downlights in our client’s cabinetry when lighting is specified.
Furthermore, the team at Kitchen Gallery are very conscious of paper wastage. Printing is minimised where possible and invoices are emailed as opposed to printing and posting.
Recycled Glass Insulation:
- QIS Insulation products are suitable for environmentally conscious homes as they are:
- Made from recycled glass materials
- Contain zero ozone depleting potential
- FBS-1 Glasswool Bio-soluble insulation
- Neither the raw materials nor the finished product contain any ozone depleting chemicals.
- This product is not classified as a hazardous air pollutant.
- FBS-1 Glass Wool Bio-Soluble Insulation® is bio-soluble and in most ecosystems it would be expected to solubilize over a period of weeks to months.
- Binder-coated glasswool is hydrophobic, therefore, no adverse environmental effects would be expected if this product were accidentally released in the water or soil
- Part of the Take Back Programme: THOR will gladly recycle used, uncontaminated RHINO insulation to help keep it out of landfill
QIS have a range of quality solar modules and inverters which are top ranking and highly efficient to provide the most cost-effective, sustainable solar power system.
Tesla Powerwall 2:
Powerwall 2 is a home battery that stores energy so you can use it day or night and self-power your home. Powerwall 2 can provide backup power by itself or can easily integrate with solar to provide your home reliable, clean energy 24/7. With Powerwall, you gain continuous and backup power, even in the event of a grid outage. You can even see everything working from your smartphone with the Tesla App. The Powerwall 2 is extremely interactive and effective and the perfect addition to any conscientious household, to take control of your power bills, produce your own power and significantly reduce your carbon footprint.
Solar Pool Heating:
Key unique features of Solarwise Solar Pool Heating that make it the leading solar pool heating product:
- High molecular weight PVC Nitrile absorber material for long life & superior elasticity (also resistant to the effects of bacteria unlike other material).
- Flexibility in manifolds.
- Compression insert locking type manifold connections (positive lock fitting). No joins – all fixing and pipes are designed to allow for the natural expansion and contraction of materials, reducing chances of leakage.
- Reverse/return manifolding ensuring maximum system efficiency.
- Poly pipe drain on vacuum relief valve is run just over gutter as a visual sign of valve needing cleaning to prevent premature rusting of roof area and gutters in the event of the valve leaking chlorinated salt water.
Solar Water Heating:
QIS have a range of solar water heating systems that can customized specifically to your project.
QIS have a range of different sizes of vented or unvented, round or rectangular skylights with flexi-ducts. Please see the attached skylights price list for our standard skylights that we stock and sell, but note again that we are able to source other brands as well if desired by a client. We can also supply & install different sized roof windows which are priced on application.